Thursday, September 2, 2010

flavored coffee syrup recipes/free recipe book

Molly over at Econobusters shared this, can't wait to try it, this list of ingredients will be way shorter than on the bottled brands.
Posted: 01 Sep 2010 05:18 AM PDT
I have a friend who drinks coffee a lot! She loves flavored coffee syrup, like the ones they use at Starbucks, but it is about $7 a bottle where she lives.
I decided that this year, I was going to make some homemade coffee syrup and send it to her as a gift. When my package arrived, she fell in love! She told me that they tasted better than the real thing and that I was now her official Starbucks replacement!
Here is what you need to be able to to do the same:
~Start with a simple syrup. To make a simple syrup, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup white sugar. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until it has reduced by half, which should take about 5 minutes. Now if you want flavoring, you have to add those ingredient(s) at the same time you add the water and sugar.
Vanilla Coffee Syrup: Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring to the simple syrup. Taste to see if it is vanilla flavored enough. If not, add an additional teaspoon.
Cinnamon Coffee Syrup: Add about a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the water and sugar mixture.
And to top off the flavored syrups, here is my favorite coffee from Starbucks! I don’t go there hardly at all any more since I have been making all my favorite coffee stuff at home! In fact, It has been months since I have been. I think mine tastes much better (I know, I am biased)!
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
2 cups milk
1 cup very strong coffee
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons sugar (or one packet of Splenda)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (plus extra for dusting)
2 heaping spoonfuls of canned pumpkin
Pour all of the ingredients into a pot and heat over medium-high heat until the coffee is steaming hot. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream & cinnamon. Enjoy!

Today she also has a link to a free ebook of Smart Schooltime Recipes there are 125 in there! so you can download that if you choose:
http://www.econobusters.com/?p=5248

Thanks Molly!






No comments:

Post a Comment