Friday, January 14, 2011

Herbs anyone??

I've added a link to the Bulk Herb Store which is a fantastic place to learn about herbs and purchase them.  This is run by Shoshana Pearl Easling who has a real knack for teaching.  This summer we purchased a number of items from the site, namely "Vinegar of the Four Thieves".   We used it over the summer at Deep Creek as in insect repellant.  One time in particular it spoke for itself was when Steve had gone to a Father/Son Campout which was in the middle of a farmfield.  He parked our van there and left the windows down as it was a hot summer day/night.  Flies were abundant as they are on all farms.  He noticed that when he came back to the car there were no flies in the vehicle at all.  He had left the bag of herbs in the car, closed and there were flies all around, but none inside.  So that was enough to convince him they were potent.

I've read recently that these herbs can be taken to hotels and put around the mattress to avoid coming in contact with bed bugs.  I don't know about you, but that's something I'm not thrilled about in the least! in fact when I read this article that night I kept waking from my sleep, dreaming I was being bitten by bedbugs, when I awoke I was convinced we must have them.  So putting this around my mattress at home is something I'm thinking of doing, haven't done it yet.  This isn't spoken of on the site, but came through another email list I belong to and I noticed some of the herbs in VOT4T were the same, so this is my own inference.  Don't trust me, do some research yourself.

So if you are interested click the link on my blog here and you can read and learn about the many things Shoshanna has to offer, sign up for her youtube alerts where she teaches how to mix and make your own tinctures.  You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment